Ever Wonder what it would take to Achieve Life Balance? Well I know this might come as a shock to you and many others , but you are not perfect. I know, It’s Mind Blowing isn’t it?? Perfection means you will always be able to go to your son’s soccer game and still make that Business meeting , You will always be able to work out faithfully , even when you house needs cleaning and laundry is piled up hig. You’ll always have to take your elderly mom shopping even though you have a list of things on your to-do list that just never seems to end.
No, You are not perfect. So you’re not always going to do everything you think you need to do. And that is OK, Keeping your life in balance isn’t you striving for a level of perfection you’ll never attain. Rather, living a Balanced Life is having a grasp on your deep down priorities and values and doing those things that are most important to you.
Here are my Top 10 Questions to use as your first Steps to Gaining Life Balance:
1. Take time to Discover your True Values. Think about what you value the most. What are the things that drive you? What things in Your life are you most passionate about?
2. What are the things you are currently doing that are not adding one bit of value to your life? What activities are you doing that have long ago run their course? What would happen if you eliminated some of these useless things?
3. Who are the people in your life who are energy drainers? Who are the life affirmers? How would spending lesstime with the former and more time with the latter change things for you?
4. When you wake up in the morning , what thoughts come into your mind? Are they positive or negative? What would happen if you refused any negative thoughts for an entire day? An entire Week?
5. What is one positive thing you can say about yourself that you can repeat over and over? How do you think this might impact your day? Your Week? Your month?
6..What is one positive thing you can do for yourself that will make you feel good about yourself? What would happen if you did this thing over and over until it becomes a habit? How would it change how you feel about you?
7. How is your body feeling? Is it physically fit or is it ready for a makeover? What would happen if you made the decision to take just a baby step and go for a walk? What would happen if you took this baby step every day?
8. How is your current relationship with your spouse? Does it bring you joy or is it a source of stress? What is one thing you could do to make it just a little better? How would that tiny change make a difference?
9. What is the status of your family relationships? If you were rating them, how would they fare? What is something you could do to give them a better rating? How would that help you feel better and more in balance?
10. What is the thing you like most about your Job? How does your current job fit into your true values? What changes can you make to make it fit better? How will those changes help you go forward?
Yes, there are lots of things to consider, and Yes, there are lots of things you can do to help yourself find Life Balance. Now you have a place to start.